Thursday, January 1, 2009

Boomers Bonanza!

Thanks to Jamie and Matt, I woke up to a homecooked meal and nice cup of coffee. It's a satisfyingly soft beginning to 2009. 2008 started with a plop and quickly made itself known to be a cruel and kind year. We lost RayRay. Sam and I went on tour up the West Coast. Obama won the election. Obama's bodysurfing pic in the Palm Springs "Desert Sun" newspaper today will inspire me to hang loose throughout 2009 like my new, tiny lizard friend, Leo.
To start, I put some liquid oxygen into my water to counter the effect of last night's Pernod and water. I soaked up a lot of sun and positive ions by Steve McQueen's Mickey Mouse shaped pool. I brought my 3-D Mickey Mousey glasses out for the occasion. I like the shadows in the pool.

Brie tries to make sense of the 3-D candle.Are-Pod and Bear-Pod get ready for their (Z)Ionization of the I and I nation.Here's where Bear-Pod pops into 'Mad Jester' mode.We strolled around pink sunset in downtown Palm Springs and I bought a portable Playmobil dollhouse for my classroom.We headed to Boomer's. No one was sure why. Lindsey and Quinn raced in the derby.We played speed golf with 6 people sharing two clubs and lost our 2 golf balls like 5 minutes in. I couldn't resist peeking into the mini- golf structures. Here's the exterior and interior of the Gingerbread House.
Here's the Haunted Victorian... It reminded me of some of the decrepit and decayed things still at the Enchanted Forest in Ellicott City, MD. During the Amps For Christ East Coast tour of 2003, my cousin Ryon and I snuck into that abandoned theme park that defined my childhood in Maryland. As a kid, I went for any special occasion I could conjure up and at one point, I lived right around the corner. To me, Maryland is the enchanted forest. Palm Springs holds a different enchantment entirely.